The Vision of Diponegoro University:
Diponegoro University Becomes an Excellent Research University
The Mission of Diponegoro University:
- Organizing education to produce superior and competitive graduates.
- Carrying out research that produces publications, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), textbooks, policies, and technologies that are effective and effective by prioritizing local culture and resources.
- Organizing community service that produces publications, Intellectual Property Rights (HAKI), textbooks, policies, and technologies that are effective and effective by prioritizing local culture and resources.
- Develop professionalism, capability, accountability in good university governance, and independence in implementing higher education.
Diponegoro University is determined to instill the following values of Prince Diponegoro’s struggle in all students, alumni, lecturers, and educational staff.
- Namely, a mental attitude that is: 1) straight-hearted; not lying (e.g. by saying as it is); 2) not cheating (e.g. in the game, by following the applicable rules); 3) sincere; so that it is interpreted as an attitude that reflects the existence of conformity between the heart, words, and deeds. What is intended by the heart, spoken by the mouth, and displayed in the deed is indeed what happens and does. This is in line with Prince Diponegoro’s values of prioritizing honesty, reflected in the anti-religious and evil nature of the struggle.
- Namely a firm mental attitude and great confidence in pursuing struggles, facing dangers, and difficulties; fearless (trepidation, wry) in defense of the truth. This is in line with the values of Prince Diponegoro who prioritizes a brave attitude and has a firm (consistent) stance. Having a high spirit, reflected in his actions, remains firmly eager to carry forward the ideals of the struggle to never back down, both physically and mentally.
- Namely heeding; paying attention; ignoring the state of the environment and the surrounding community. This is in line with Prince Diponegoro’s values of prioritizing the interests of the people, reflected in his very popular attitude, his residence amid the people, and his fighting to liberate the suffering of the people.
- Namely a mental attitude that treats others proportionately and sides with the right; holding on to the value of truth; reasonable and proper; and not arbitrary.
Educational Objectives of Diponegoro University
The educational objective of Diponegoro University is to produce graduates who have a COMPLETE profile, national and international excellence, and can contribute to the development of science, technology, art, culture, and sports.
To become an Information Technology-Based Learning and Research Resource Service Center to Support Diponegoro University to become an Excellent Research University
- Providing scientific information to support the learning process, research, and community service.
- Provides access to information without the limits of time and space.
- Increase cooperation in information networks between libraries.